Having been staying home to study for exams over the study break, it was difficult to avoid the temptations of having instant noodles for convenience sake. Got this email and thought I'd share if with you guys. While eating instant noodles is definitely unhealthy, why not minimise its harmful effects if you could right? Cheers. =)
Ah.... Instant noodles, it's bad for health, counting the calories and the sodium and MSG inside, but in the busy cities of most countries, and with the way how marketing side is promoting, instant noodles has become quite a norm to the society.
I know many may disagree that we should continue to consume instant noodles, but when we just can't avoid having a quick fill of the stomach and ahead with the rush of assignments we have in hand, there are some tips and reminders you need to know about cooking instant noodles.
Normally, we cook the instant noodles by putting the noodles into a pot with water, throw in the powder and let it cook for 3 minutes.
Believe it or not, this is the WRONG method of cooking the instant noodles.
By doing this, when we actually boil the ingredients in the powder, normally with MSG, it will change the molecular structures of the MSG causing it to be toxic. The other thing that you may or may not realised is that, the noodles are coated with wax and it will take around 4 to 5 days for the body to excrete the wax after you have taken the noodles.
The Correct Way
- Boil the noodles in a pot with water.
- Once the noodles is cooked, take out the noodles, and throw away the water which contains wax.
- Boil another pot of water until boiling and put the noodles into the hot boiling water and then shut off the fire.
- Only at this stage when the fire is off, and while the water is very hot, put the ingredients with the powder into the water, to make noodle soup.
- However, if you need dry noodles, take out the noodles and add the ingredients with the powder and toss it around.